Practical solutions require different degrees of formalization
- Ensure the utilization of “formal” organizational knowledge:
- business rules, design guidelines, standard procedures, ...
- ... can be formalized to allow automatic processing
- Enable sharing and reuse of experiences:
- lessons learned, best practice reports, case bases, ...
- ... can be stored as semi-structured electronic documents
- Ease the exploitation of implicit knowledge, personal knowledge, and knowledge contained in documents and databases
- technical documentation, hypertexts, personal notes, minutes of meetings, graphics, images, product data sheets, business letters, ...
- ... must be effectively accessible
OBJECTIVES OF AN ORGANIZATIONAL MEMORY
How can several kinds of knowledge synergetically interact?