Core Research Question
How can a knowledge worker interpret his increasingly fragmented work processes as a coherent whole?
- Knowledge work requires "multi-tasking capabilities"
- The user is embedded in a multitude of processes.
- Many processes are emerging and changing at a rapid pace.
- Processes are often intersecting: Tasks run in parallel.
- The user has to keep track of and switch between processes / tasks.
- The representation of the user context model has to incorporate this multi-tasking aspect
- Multiple context threads divide the user’s context and separate the contextual elements (CEs) in the user's context.
- The CEs contribute to different, maybe multiple, context threads. However: For the user only one context thread is "active" at a time.
Mymory will recognize context threads based on attention-enhanced context models.