How to realize such functionalities?
The KnowMore system is not a hard-wired approach for exactly the support described before, but merely provides the representation facilities for easily building such business-process information assistants.
To this end, the following topics must be addressed:
- Question (I): How are task-specific information needs expressed in order to enable the system for a context-specific, automatic information delivery?
- Question (II): How do BPM enactment (i.e., the workflow engine) and information assistant cooperate?
- Question (III): How does the information assistant process information needs, knowledge descriptions, context information, and background knowledge for precise information retrieval?
- Question (IV): How are knowledge items in the OM described with respect to the conceptual structures (ontologies) underlying the domain of application?
- Question (V): What about system design and implementation?
- Question (VI): What about modeling support for knowledge item descriptions and underlying ontologies?
These issues are discussed in the following parts of the talk.