- Information Technology for Knowledge
Agent-mediated Knowledge Management, Socially enabled Agents
- Organizational Memories
- Knowledge Acquisition from Text
- Ontologies (especially acquisition and
- Intelligent Information Agents
- Text Comprehension and Inferencing
- L. van Elst, M. Kiesel, S. Schwarz, G. Buscher, A.
Lauer. Contextualized Knowledge Acquisition in a Personal Semantic
Wiki. In: A. Gangemini, J. Euzenat (Eds.) Proceedings of 16th
International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge
Management (EKAW 2008), Springer LNCS 5268, pp. 172-187, 2008.
Currently, I am project leader of the Mymory project
which deals with attention-oriented IT support for Knowledge
Management. I was resonsible for the ontology
aspects in FRODO
and its successor project EPOS.
As co-chair of the ontology
taskforce, I could transfer (and elaborate) some of these
ideas to the Nepomuk
Semantic Desktop project.
I also co-ordinated DFKI-KM´s
Ontology Discussion Group and a DFKI-KM reading and
discussion group on Ben Shneiderman´s book “Leonardo´s Laptop”.
click to see me doing
For open jobs at our
institute, have a look at euni.de
Diploma Theses / Open
- For an overview on open diploma/project thesis
topics, have a look at our respective
Feel free to ask per e-mail
or visit me if you are interested or have suggestions for other topics.